Friday, April 15, 2011

Happy 13th Birthday Alex!!!!

Well . . .13 years ago today, I became a mother, and it was love at first sight. It is so hard to believe that my "baby" is 13 and is now a teenager. Wow, how time flies!  I wish you nothing but the best Alexander and may God bless you as you enter this new phase in your life. Have a wonderful birthday!!
It has been awhile since I really made a masculine card, but I am pleased with how Alex's birthday card turned out. I was inspired by a couple of the challenge blogs, but I will come back later today to post supplies and the challenges I would like to enter this card into. I just wanted to get this photographed and posted before I gave it away. I hope you all have a wonderful Friday and thanks for stopping by. I hope your weather wherever you are is better than what we were surprised with yesterday . . . you guessed it . . . a huge amount of really wet, heavy snow. Anyhoo, I best get a couple of hours of shuteye before I have to get up to make a special b-day breakfast!!





I would like to enter this card in the following Challenges:

Cooking It Up with Katie - 1 image, 2 pattern papers, 3 embellies
Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog - theme - for a child
Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight Challenges - Card for teenage boy (Tweens)
Woodware USA Clear Stamps - Anything goes
Card Ideas - Card for young child

Hugs,


11 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card!! Love the sentiment!! And, I'm in pink envy!! Your craft room is seriously awesome!! Thanks for joining us this week at Woodware USA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Katherine :-) I am sure Alex will love this !! :-) Happy Birthday Alex !!

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katherine, this is fabulous!! What a great card!! Your scraproom is amazing!! Pink may just be the perfect color!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kathy! Can I come over to your house & play? Please? I love your craft room! And I love your card too! Your coloring is amazing! Thank you for joining us @ Card Ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A brilliant card for a young teenage boy. Thanks for joining us at CCM Spotlight. Hope to see you again. Cheers Caz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a super card just love it and is that your craft room as if it is can i move in with you lol
    thanks for entering our challenge at crafty cardmakers and come and play again soon
    gill x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card and your coloring is beautiful! I LOVE your craft room!! Thanks for Cooking it up with Katie this week!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is lovely, such a fantastic card, my little girl is pirate mad lol, your craft room is to die for, for my daughter whos pink mad

    Thanks for playin with us at Crafty Cardmakers

    Hugs
    Judie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card!
    Thanks for following our recipe at Cooking It Up With Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just fab!
    Its perfect wee card for a teenager!
    Thanks for joining in the fun this week at Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight Challenge
    Hugs Melly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card!! I am sure your son loved it!! I love the way you did the background and finished off the inside.
    Have a Blessed Easter : )
    Hugs!
    Dana

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR VISITING! I read every lovely comment and truly appreciate you stopping by! Hugs, Katherine xx