Thursday, June 2, 2011

Dad Card and a win!

I have two things to share today! First of all I am super excited that I won the sketch challenge on the Penny Black blog this week for my Enjoy your Day card on the post below! I love Penny Black stamps and now I will have a new set along with some Mix n' Match cardstock. Thanks so much Penny Black!

Second, it is time for another Simply Create challenge (which will be posted tomorrow morning). This time the theme is Dad/Father. I have to admit I struggled with this challenge. I, like so many others, have difficulty with male cards. I ripped up my first one, but am satisfied with my effort on this project. Let me know what you think and please give constructive feedback if you see a way to improve my card! :)


All supplies are CTMH:


Paper and My Stickease: It's a Guy Thing
Stamp set: Wonderful Friend
Ink: Barn Red, Cocoa, New England Ivy
Brads and hinge are also CTMH

Other Challenges I would like to enter this card into:

Outlawz Challenges - Greeting card - anything goes
Ai Factory Challenge Blog - distress it
Crafty Sentiments - neutral colors
Crafting for all Seasons - dads/fathers
The Paper Shelter - glad for dad
Scrapbook Sisters - a mans world
Scrapalicious Blog - card for a man
Sweet Stamps - masculine

Thanks for stopping in and have a super crafty weekend,



21 comments:

  1. Think this is perfect for a man. Very simple, but elegant. And love Close to my Heart products, so I absolutely love all the product you used. Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to first say...TOTALLY JEALOUS OF YOUR SCRAP ROOM!!! WOW Okay now onto your card super dooper awesome. I love the distressed shabby chic vibe it has. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Scrapalicious USA this week. Cant wait to see what you make next week.
    Hugs,
    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card love the design. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the Challenge. with hugs Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your win!!
    This is just fab for any man, I know my hubby would love it!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments, good luck!
    Hugs shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card thank you for playing along at AiFactory this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic Card, congrats on your win! xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your win. LOVE this card - so simple but elegant. The stamp and the colours are FAB
    Hugz
    Ike xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this! The metal embellishments are perfect! Thank you for sharing it on the Scrapalicious USA Challenge Blog!
    Best of Luck!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card for a man! Love the hinge embellishment! Thank you for joining in at CFAS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just perfect colors for this masculine card. CTMH has the best masculine images and paper, IMO of all the home business companies.
    Can't wait to see more Penny Black from you too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. Thanks for joining us at TPS.

    Hugs, Liv.

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful card!! Thank you for playing with us at Scrapalicious this week! Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us this week at TPS…..
    Hugs Judith

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Katherine! Beautiful card! I found your blog through The Outlawz follow me forum! Love your work and your blog! I am now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kathrine: Ireally love your card--it is just beautiful. Brown is my new favorite color. Just got back from [Scrapbook Superstore/Outlet] in Pigeon Forge and I got lots of new patterned paper. Started really looking at them and over half is in the brown family!

    Diane
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous Father's Day card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! This Dad's Day card rocks! Thanks for joining the challenge last week at THe Paper Sjerllter

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, Ah this is a super card. Thanks for playing on Crafty Sentiments this week. Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Katherine, I found your blog on The Outlawz "looking for followers forum" I love your cards. You can find me at http://possibilitiesinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR VISITING! I read every lovely comment and truly appreciate you stopping by! Hugs, Katherine xx