Monday, August 22, 2011

Cute Hedgie & a Sketch

Wow! I have a fire under my butt this week! I can't remember the last time I made this many cards in a short time frame. Guess it helps that our family has many August birthdays. Anyway, I based this card on a Sweet Sketch Wednesday creation. As soon as I saw this sketch, I knew it had to be my next card! I don't think I have used this many layers before!

Sweet Sketch:


My Card:


Inside of card:


Supplies used:

Ink: CTMH (smoothie) and Memento (rich cocoa)
Stamps: Penny Black "Wonderful Day" (Hedgie), CTMH - both sentiments, Stampin' Up - flowers on envelope
Markers: copic: W1, 0, E50, E31, E25, E17, YR02, YR21, Y21, R11, R20, R32
Cardstock: CTMH Daisy White and X-Press It
Pattern Paper: My Mind's Eye - Dreamy 2
Flowers: My Mind's Eye - Dreamy 2

Challenges I would like to enter:

Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Sketch
Outlawz - How does your garden grow
Make it Monday - anything goes
Paper Playtime - anything goes
Stamp with Fun - summer
Stamps R Us - anything goes

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate any and all comments, questions and suggestions! Have a super crafty day!

Scrappy Hugs,






16 comments:

  1. What a cutie! I love your image and adorable papers. YOur added flower is so cute too. Thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a really cute birthday card. Came here from MIM TFS

    Judie
    #54

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO cute! What an adorable image!
    Thank you so much for playing along at Make it Monday! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so beautiful and cute too.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable!! What a sweet image! I love the inside and your envelope! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamps R Us!
    Tammy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty and so cute, lovely image and colours of papers. Came over from MIM

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet and I love that you finished off the inside as well! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katherine, You may not have used this many layers before, but you did a fabulous job with coodinating these. Love the beautiful balence in your design.
    Cute image,too. I love finished insides and yours is lovely.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Patti SSW/DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable, absolutely adorable!!! What wonderful layers they are...we may have converted you over to the dark side!!! LOL!!! Thanks for joining us at SSW.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how cute! I love your little Hedgie and those wonderful layers you created as part of the sketch. Such a great card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Katherine, I visited you yesterday and found myself looking at your wonderful work room rather than commenting on your card then I had a dentist appointment. I am so amazed at your room and it's very pretty. I do love your card such a cute image from Petty Black and great colours and embellishments.
    Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a darling image. The patterned paper you choose for your card is beautiful :) Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Playtime.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Katherine- you are a winner at Send a Smile 4 Kids! Check it out here:
    http://sendasmile4kidschallenge.blogspot.com/2011/09/winners-and-another-fun-intro-at.html

    Send me an email so I can connect you with Sassy Cheryl's to get your prize.

    Congrats! Karen SAS4Kids khasheck@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi mom and thanks for the awesome birthday card

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kathy...SO cute!!! Beautiful layering ;D. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your card, Katherine. That hedgie on a sunflower is just too cute.
    Blessings,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR VISITING! I read every lovely comment and truly appreciate you stopping by! Hugs, Katherine xx