Saturday, March 31, 2018

Welcome Baby Shaker Card!

Today I am sharing a sweet baby shaker card. I haven't had the chance to make a shaker card in awhile and I had gems and bling just screaming to be used! A friend and colleague just became a Grandma and so I thought this was the perfect time to indulge in some bling filled crafty time.



I used a variety of products that are listed at the bottom of the post for your convenience.

The stencil that used for the inked background (MFT Graduated Dots stencil) is unfortunately no longer available, but here is a picture in case you have it in your stash or something similar.


I ink blended my three distress ink colors on the background and then redid the same blending with the stencil over top. Love the effect that this creates. I then spritzed some water over top to give it a bit of texture. I then used a die to cut it out for the front card panel and give it that great stitched detail.


After doing my stamping and die cutting for both the inside and the front of the card, I inked the inside of the card to match the front. I used raspberry distress ink to create the paper to die cut the shaker window and the greeting strip on the front. I added some shimmer to the onesie and on the heart and a few of the dots on the inside of the card for some added interest. You can never have too much sparkle . . . right??



I stacked up the middle fancy frame die 9 times to make my shaker focal piece. I wanted lots of room for all of that gorgeous bling to move around in. I used a variety of items in my shaker window (listed below) and sealed it all off with some acetate. I used the Hero Arts liquid adhesive to put this all together and loved how easy it was to work with.

At this point, I decided that I needed to tie in some of the white on the onesie and I added tiny white dots with a gel pen to the background, greeting strip and shaker frame. I then added a sprinkling of gems over the front panel. Again, I used the Hero Arts glue -- really love how easy it came out. Finally, I added a matching cute onesie to the envelope to make it all coordinate.


I would like to enter this in the Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes Challenge.

I hope you have enjoyed my project today! Thanks for visiting!

Happy Easter and Happy Crafting,

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR VISITING! I read every lovely comment and truly appreciate you stopping by! Hugs, Katherine xx