Friday, May 6, 2011

Mom-isms!

Time for another Simply Create Challenge: What did you say?

Since it is Mother's Day weekend in the US (and Canada), Simply Create challenges  you to create something with sayings that either Moms would say or what someone else may say about or to Moms.

Be sure to check out what the SC team has come up with for inspiration and be sure to add your own creation to the list.

My creation is for my mom for Mother's Day this weekend; so hopefully you are not reading my blog in the next couple of days Mom! If you do, pretend you haven't seen this :) LOL!
Anyway, my card is made up of "Mom-isms" that I have heard my mom say in the past.
I used all CTMH products for this card.
Colors are: Baby Pink, Heavenly Blue, Chocolate and Vineyard Berry.
I used the RGB codes for the CTMH colors (as listed on my blog - check out the CTMH RGB color page) to print out the "Top 10 Mom-isms" on my printer.
I used a variety of fonts from CK and others downloaded from the internet.
Stamp sets used were: Simple Stitches and Dream Big.
The paper kit is: Level II Top Stitch (one of my faves!) and the matching My Stickease are Top Stitch as well.

I inked the blooms and the edges of the paper. The inside flower was made using paper shapers punches and My Stickease. This card was inspired by a sketch from Clean &  Simple Stamping and even though I didn't totally stay "Simple", their design got my creative juices going.


Hope you enjoy my "Mom-isms" and can relate to some of them :).

Close up of inside of card:


Inside:

Challenges I would like to enter this card into:


Clean and Simple Stamping - sketch
Digi's With Attitude! - Make us Laugh! Funny sentiments

Fairy Knoll Challenge - Mother's Day
Paper Cutz Challenge - Mother's Day
Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog - Mother's Day
Outlawz Challenges - Mother's Day

Divas by Design Challenge - anything goes
For Fun Challenges - Mother's Day or lots of flowers
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Mother's Day
Papertake Weekly Challenge - anything goes
Party Time Tuesday's Challenge Blog - Mother's Day
Tuesday Throwdown - Mother's Day
Happileigh Scrappin' Challenge - Honor your mom



To all you moms out there: Happy Mother's Day and have a fantabulous weekend!

Hugs,

24 comments:

  1. Oh this is just brilliant and it made me chuckle as my Mother has said most of these :-D FAB creation.

    Hugs

    Ike xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL LOVE it!!

    your mom sounds like mine! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. K: Your Mom and my Mom must have gone to the same school--your 10 + MANY more are things my Mom was always telling me! GREAT CARD!

    Diane
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I chuckled reading all these & brought back special memories too. Wonderful idea & card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love this card! It's perfect!
    p.s. I have craftroom envy!
    Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katherine!
    This is such a wonderful card! Gorgeous layout, beautiful elements. I smiled throughout my whole visit to your blog! I may have to borrow your idea for Father's Day, of course..my Dad's list is quite unique LOL.

    Your studio is stunning!

    Thanks for joining us at the Digi's With Attitude! Make us laugh challenge this week. I hope you will join us again next week and good luck!

    Debra
    Digi's With Attitude! Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your original card Kathy. I know every one of the momisms and I've said a few myself too. Happy Weekend.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a wonderful card and all very true love the colours you have used.I must also say wow what a fantastic craft space you have,pink and white my favourite colours to wonderful. Thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the momisms! A perfectly fun card! Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous creation thanks so much for playing at Divas hugs Reebkah x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just fabulous...I've just read them out to my 15 year old daughter and she said "you've said them all to me"...This is a gorgeous card and I'm sure your Mum loved it..
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. First - AWESOME card!! So creative! I absolutely love it, and I'm sure your mom did, too!

    Second - I just have to say I am SO JEALOUS of your crafting space! LOL

    Thank you so much for playing with us at Happileigh Scrappin'!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card! Love it! Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters. : )
    P.S. Love your craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  14. super cute card. Thanks for playing along on For Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Katherine! Wanted you to know that we choose you as one of our Top 3 Sisters for our Mother's Day Challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters. Stop by and get your Top 3 Sisters badge to display on your blog. CONGRATS!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Katherine

    Something completely different and fun. Thanks fo rsharing at Aud Sentiments.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty Mothers Day card x

    Thanks for joining us @ For Fun Challenges & Good Luck x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just fab. Thanks for joining in this weeks Fairy Knoll Challenge, hugs Shelley x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic card! And your crafting room is AWESOME!!!!

    Hugs, Sande xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loved your card when I saw it on The Outlawz and love it here! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love your card!
    we have the same senteces in Hebrew! I guess Mom-isms are an international language...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those are classic! Thanks for the smile! Thanks for playing along with Divas' first challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card :-) the Mom'ism's are very funny ,,, I think we all say very similar things except after 'Why' I say Zed ,,, lol :-)


    thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  24. love it, love it!!! such a great idea to combine all of those sayings!!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR VISITING! I read every lovely comment and truly appreciate you stopping by! Hugs, Katherine xx