Friday, May 20, 2011

Special Day is the theme!

What a beautiful sunny day! Definitely some wonderful weather for some gardening. Before I head out for the day, I wanted to tell you about the new challenge that will be posted today at Simply Create.  The theme is Special Day! So come join us for the fun and let's see what you create - birthday, wedding or whatever other Special Day you would like to celebrate!

For this challenge I decided to make a wedding keepsake box. I have had the supplies since I got married last year and have just not been able to find time to do the actual project.

Top of the box:


Close up of flowers:

Front Side of the box;


Supplies:
Box: discontinued item from CTMH
Stamp set: CTMH "Adorable"
Paper, ribbon/lace, flowers, Metal accent & brads, acetate overlays & shimmery flourishes: making memories
Ink: Dew Drop "Platinum Planet"
Jewels: Bazzill
Black Velvet brad: Doodle Bug
Glitter: Glitz Stardust - CTMH

Other Challenges I would like to enter this project into:

Dutch Dare Card Challenges - altered project
Paper Romance - anything but a card
High Hopes Rubber Stamps - 3-D Box, bag etc.
Make it Monday - anything goes
Stamp Fairy - 3 embellishments
Sparkles Forum Challenges - Recipe: 2 papers, 1 ribbon/bow, 2 embellishments
Craft Your Days Away - White plus one
Papertake Weekly - Bloom & Grow

Thanks for stopping by and have a gorgeous sunny day!

Hugs,








17 comments:

  1. oh what a wonderful box .. you will definitely treasure it. I love the monochrome theme
    Thanks for linking up at Make it Monday
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Keepsake Box. Love the black & white. Absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow the box is totally stunning, what a wonderful momento of your wedding thanks for joining us at IDIC this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Creation! I love the box! What a wonderful keepsake! Thank You for joining us at Get Hippity With Ippity! Have a wonderful weekend! Happy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful creation! I love the colors you have chosen to go along with that great photo! Thank you for playing at IDIC this week and good luck!
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply stunning creation Kathy. It's truly beautiful and a perfect keepsake.
    Hugz
    Ike xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Kathy, I enjoyed surfing your site. Your craft Room is beautiful. I think I finally convinced my husband that what I am asking him to do for me is not unreasonable (your pictures put me over the top, Thanks!!!) I found you on Outlawz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful keepsake, its beautiful.

    Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
    Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful keepsake box. I love that you added a black and white photo to it.

    Thanks for joining us at CDYA.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job. Unfortunately, you didn't use a High Hopes stamp, so this doesn't qualify for the High Hopes Challenge. There is still time if you would like to re-enter using a High Hopes stamp. We hope you will play along again!
    ~Lacey
    High Hopes Lead Designer

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunning project, love the inspiration, totally gorgeous.

    :) Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful keepsake box! I have been married 11 years and keep putting it off - now I may have to do something too - lol!!! Glad I found you from the Make it Monday linky. I posted something too! Hugs, Antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely Project!

    Thanks for joining PR this week!

    Hugs,
    Sandra P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous! thanks for playing along with us at DDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOWZER! This is spectacularly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally stunning!!

    Thank you for joining us over at CYDA.

    Hugs

    Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR VISITING! I read every lovely comment and truly appreciate you stopping by! Hugs, Katherine xx