Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Sunshines and Smiles

Hello again . . . I am back today with another catch up card from last week for Week 1, Day 2 of Summer Card Camp 2. I was inspired to try watercolor stripes by Shari Carroll. She is a fabulous artist. I had to substitute distress inks for gelatos (as I only have 4 and they weren't the right colours); however, I am very happy with how this turned out using the same technique. I used a heavy water color paper with the heavy texture side up. **The hearts in the picture look really intense orange and red, however, they are actually a deeper shade of pink and a slightly less intense orange.



I will be back with a full supply list later . . . my goal was to get both cards I made today posted, so I can get back to work.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Tuesday Throwdown - anything goes
Anything Goes Challenge - anything goes
Created with Love - anything goes
Make It Monday #149 - anything goes
One Stop Craft Challenge - summer colours

Thanks so much for stopping in,


5 comments:

  1. This turned out great! Love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon . . . I was indeed pleased with the result! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the watercolors! Great looking card. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Created with Love Challenges.

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fab card! Love the watercolors! Great technique! Thanks for joining us this week at Created With Love Challenges for our ANYTHING GOES Challenge!
    DawnD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous creation! I love those fabulous colours... Thanks for sharing at Anything Goes this time..

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR VISITING! I read every lovely comment and truly appreciate you stopping by! Hugs, Katherine xx